Sunday, March 16, 2008

Moonlight Daydreams

I had already started this mix when our guest mixer, Jason, sent me his "Satellite" mix. I hadn't thought of satellite = moon until I saw his pic for the mix. So it's kind of funny that the next mix to be posted is a moon mix.

I did this one the way I've done some mixes in the past, all the tunes have the word "moon"
in the title. Came up with an interesting collections of tracks. It would have been fun to use more of the vocal cuts like Nick Drake - Pink Moon or Cowboy Junkies - Blue Moon, but I guess I wanted it to be mostly ambient. So only one vocal tune gets used & that's "Moon River" by Petra Haden And Bill Frisell to close out the mix. I think my favorite tune is the first one by Belbury Poly, it sounds like it could be used in some old sci-fi moon flick.

Hope you enjoy the mix.


Download(right click/save as):
Moonlight Daydreams

T R A C K L I S T :

  • 00:00 Belbury Poly - The Moonlawn
  • 04:00 Robert Davies - Moon Chart
  • 07:40 Jefre Cantu-Ledesma - Our Way was Lit by Moonlight
  • 13:00 Lisa Gerrard - Liquid Moon
  • 16:00 Djivan Gasparyan - Moon Shines at Night
  • 17:45 Rain Tree Crow - New Moon at Deer Wallow
  • 19:36 Rumklang - Moonlight Walking
  • 21:40 Maps & Diagrams - Man in the Moon
  • 22:35 Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto - Moon
  • 27:35 The Green Kingdom - Broken Moonbeams
  • 32:40 Steve Roach - Moonshroud
  • 40:10 Jefre Cantu-Ledesma - Phases of the Moon
  • 44:05 Susumu Yokota & Rothko - Floating Moon
  • 46:15 Petra Haden And Bill Frisell - Moon River


4 comments:

eye like sound said...

Cheers Dave, Looking forward to listening to this tonight! J

eye like sound said...

Listening to it all week, excellent sound selection, excellent mix, what more can I say? More please! J

Low Light Mixes said...

Jason,

Thanks for the kind words.

Anonymous said...

How have you been Dave? Thanks for including me in the Moon mix:) Looks like there is a lot of new mixes to listen to around here- I need to catch up!