Thursday, December 30, 2010

pno 2010

This last mix of 2010 is a mix that I did for Headphone Commute about 3 months ago. They were kind enough to ask for a mix & I was honored to add it to their great collection of mixes they post at their own site & at their Mixcloud site.

I realized that if I was going to post this piano mix I'd better do it now because the title is "pno 2010" so I need to squeeze it into 2010 before it's gone.

This mix starts with John Cage – “On a Landscape”, which is appropriate, because that tune is the reason I did this piano mix. I’d never heard “In a Landscape” when a friend linked to it on youtube. What a great piece of music. So I decided to build a piano mix with that as the jumping off point.

The other unusual piece in this mix is Emahoy Tsegué-Maryam Guébrou – “Golgotha” by an Ethiopian nun living in Jerusalem. Her music is unique, it filters the traditional Ethiopian pentatonic scale through classical technique– in the end sounding like impressionistic jazz. Wonderful music.


[ s t r e a m ] | [ d o w n l o a d ] | [ i t u n e s ]


T R A C K L I S T :

  • [00:00] John Cage – In a Landscape
  • [04:15] Kyo Ichinose – Engine #5
  • [05:20] Worrytrain – Hospitalized
  • [06:45] Max Richter – Infra #6
  • [09:35] Nest – The Twelve
  • [14:00] Tanner Menard – Laws of Attraction
  • [19:50] Emahoy Tsegué-Maryam Guébrou – Golgotha
  • [24:27] Craig Armstrong – Gentle Piece
  • [27:10] Ben Woods – Stare Out in Silence
  • [32:25] Gavin Bryars – My First Homage
  • [38:10] Kyo Ichinose – Lontano #0
  • [40:00] Chris Abrams – Christmas Island
  • [44:45] Arovane – Tokyo Ghost Stories
  • [49:50] Christian Fennesz & Ryuichi Sakamoto – Kokoro
  • [53:15] Andrey Kiritchenko – Agravic Illusion

.

No comments: