Saturday, July 23, 2011

graceful silence

"Music is the space between notes."
- Claude Debussy


I found a couple of tunes recently that exemplify that Debussy quote. So I looked for more tracks that had definite valleys between the peaks of synth washes or long pauses between piano chords and then I let the mix take off from there.

The result is similar to the "breathing" mixes I've done before with the lulling ebb & flow that I like so much. This mix differs in it's use of piano & guitar tracks. There is a section in the middle where there really isn't a whole lot of "silence", more of an up & down of synth washes. But like happens so often with mixes, they just go places I didn't expect & then I've got to bring them back.

"Music and silence combine strongly because music is done with silence and silence is full of music."
- Marcel Marceau


[ s t r e a m ] | [ d o w n l o a d ] | [ i t u n e s ]


T R A C K L I S T :


4 comments:

icastico said...

Nice. I was surprised to see a lack of Arvo Part, but I like what's included a lot.

Low Light Mixes said...

Arvo Part! Shoot I should have thought of that! Guess I'll have to save it for a sequel.

Eric Anderson said...

Beautiful mix! Thanks, Dave.

Andi Chapple said...

very nice mix, I liked the choice of tunes and the progression. thanks.