I'll re-post what I said about the mix to the folks at acloserlisten.com.
The mix is called “daylight fades” because as I was listening to “Olancha Farewell” by Harold Budd [off Lovely Thunder] it made me think of sitting on the front porch watching the sky begin to darken as daylight fades. Once I had that feeling in mind I just kept my ears open for a couple of weeks listening for tracks that would work well with that theme. The cuts are mostly newer music with the exception of a couple Harold Budd tunes. I’ve be digging through my collection of Harold Budd music & kind of re-discovering pieces that I haven’t heard for years.
I really like this mix and hope you all connect with it like I did. I'm working on some new mixes, a piano mix, sustain & decay vol. 3 and one of ambient music from non-ambient artists. Hopefully those will come to fruition in the next month or so two.
[ s t r e a m ] [ d o w n l o a d ] [ i t u n e s ]
T R A C K L I S T :
· 00:00 Harold Budd - olancha farewell
· 02:04 *AR - Inception
· 03:45 Vieo Abiungo - Insincerity Peeked Through Cloudlessly (Upward Arrows Remix)
· 06:15 Wolfgang Voigt - Fresko 1
· 09:08 Willits + Sakamoto - Completion
· 13:30 d_rradio - Falling Light
· 16:30 Alessio Ballerini - Night in Day
· 19:10 Plinth - the sunken carillon
· 23:45 Harold Budd with Zeitgeist - I blink and she's gone
· 25:20 Marconi Union - part 4(from weightless)
· 32:00 Chihei Hatakeyama - Road After Rain
· 37:12 Willamette - images dune longueur de cheveux
· 43:40 Kyle Bobby Dunn - An Evening with Dusty
· 47:05 36 - Levitate
· 51:10 Christopher Willits - Olancha Hello
· 53:42 Brian Eno - For Real