Sunday, June 23, 2013

infinite ambient

I usually keep different folders of music for different types of mixes.  I have a "sea" folder.  And one called "dub & stuff."  Another is "piano."  And of course several "Sunday morning" folders as well.

The folder for this mix was called "just plain old good ambient."  And that's a pretty darn good description of this mix.  There's no special theme or concept other than the fact that these cuts are all excellent ambient tunes.

The mix has a classic sound, classic feel.  However, only one track is old - that's the Aphex Twin song.  I love how the cuts flow together, making it a perfect mix for sleeping if you use these mixes like I do.  I can also see listening to this while sitting on the front steps watching the sun set(unfortunately now instead of my nice farm across the street I have a subdivision of McMansions :(

Five or six of the tracks in this mix came from Bandcamp, which I love for buying music & discovering new things via collections.  I really have to control myself when I'm on that site or I'd be spending all sorts of money.  My collection there is not really that large, partly because I really don't buy as much ambient music as I used to.  If you're interested, here's a link to my Bandcamp collection... Dave's Collection

Enjoy the mix!


[ s t r e a m ]  [ d o w n l o a d ]   [ i t u n e s ]


T R A C K L I S T :

  • 00:00    Marsen Jules Trio - Œillet Parfait
  • 04:34    Harold Budd - Jane 8
  • 09:20    Caught in the Wake Forever - Chopin's 2 Nocturnes op. 48 no. 2 in F sharp minor
  • 11:22    Taylor Deupree - Shutter
  • 16:45    Aphex Twin - stone in focus
  • 23:00    Dakota Suite - Things We Lost Along the Way (Loscil remix)
  • 27:20    Maps & Diagrams - Utgores
  • 29:15    Infinite Coil - Transmit 2
  • 32:40    Unrecognizable Now - Two Rooms - One
  • 39:50    Wouter Veldhuis - Side-effects of diversity
  • 44:00    33 Bowls - Morning
  • 46:00    Slow Dancing Society - After Twilight Takes Us
  • 50:40    Ten and Tracer - By Twirling the Strong History
  • 56:35    Cyber Zen Sound Engine - Mottomo Kodokuna Basho
  • 1:00:00    end


No comments: