Friday, August 21, 2015

Hammock Music - tracks for relaxing in one


The pic above is of the hammock in my backyard.  My kids got it for me for Father's Day and I love it.  I can't figure out why I didn't have one before.  On many nights this summer I grab my kindle and a beer and lay contentedly under our big birch tree.

Of course as a true music obsessive I have speakers out on the deck that I control remotely.  So whenever I head out to the hammock to read or just space out, I cue up some ambient, classical or jazz and just drift away.

That's where I got the idea for this mix.  I needed a new collection to keep me company while I sway in the cool evening air.  For some reason when I think of "porch music" or evening music, I think of ambient guitar.  So most of this mix is guitar based, some more ambient than others.  A lot of it is fairly new and all of it works well with bug spray and a beer.  I couldn't resist ending the mix with a tune from...Hammock.  

Enjoy


[ s t r e a m ]   [ d o w n l o a d ]   [ i t u n e s ]



T R A C K L I S T :

  • 00:00 Nathan Amundson - More Horses
  • 05:18 Jakob Bro - Lyskaster
  • 09:00 CFCF - A Various Language(from the same hill)
  • 12:25 Daniel Lanois - Space Love
  • 14:00 David Tagg - Comanche
  • 20:20 Josh Mason - Petals Too Tired To
  • 23:00 Dirk Serries - Disorientation Flow
  • 31:15 Christopher Willits - Now
  • 35:35 Tonepoet - Headspace
  • 41:50 Brian Eno - From the Same Hill
  • 44:24 Matt Borghi - Homage to Dave Liebman
  • 47:54 Alessio Ballerini - Night in Day
  • 51:21 Tone Color - City of Three Rivers
  • 56:45 Hammock - Maybe They Will Sing For Us Tomorrow




No comments: