Monday, January 09, 2017

gently falling snow



I think the last time I posted a snow mix I said that when I think of music to go with snow I think of piano music.  Maybe it's from years of hearing Vince Guaraldi's Peanuts Christmas album or George Winston's December album.  Whatever the reason, I immediately go to the piano for snow music.

So that is again the dominant instrument in this mix.  Most of the music here is fairly new which includes the Roedelius tune from 2015 - "Gently Falling Snow."  Obviously I stole the title for this mix but I think this collection really does have a nice feeling of "gently falling snow."

Cheers!


[ s t r e a m ]   [ d o w n l o a d ]   [ i t u n e s ]



T R A C K L I S T :
  • 00:00    Sonmi451 - I Didn't Know That Cats Could Grin
  • 05:00    Olafur Arnalds - Dalur
  • 08:10    Johann Johannsson - The Drowned World
  • 10:12    Rachel's - NY Snow Globe
  • 12:30    Roedelius - Gently Falling Snow
  • 14:33    Jason Van Wyk - Kept
  • 17:50    Olafur Arnalds - For Now I Am Winter
  • 21:35    Chihei Hatakeyama - Coastal Railroads in Memories
  • 27:10    Andrew Heath - Requiem
  • 34:15    James Murray - Particles
  • 39:21    Sonmi451 - Oh My Ears & Whiskers
  • 43:30    James Murray - Eyes to the Height
  • 47:39    Mike Lazarev - Absent
  • 50:00    Taylor Duepree - Snow(dusk dawn)
  • 55:20    Jason Van Wyk - Stay
  • 58:18    Nils Frahm - Less
  • 63:40    end




1 comment:

cartesiandreams said...

Seem to find myself back here every few months and never disappointed! Another lovely mix.

As for this mix.. I was reminiscing about the trip I took with with family when I was about 12 years old to Norway and found this... I rode this train in winter, but it's a beautiful journey at all times of year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR15x_ujuPA

It's really great background watching with one of your mixes going!